Old Facility - One of the locations you could visit in The Age of Decadence.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The guards[edit | edit source]
When you arrive, you see three Aurelian soldiers camping. They will warn you that the facility is claimed by House Aurelian and that you should leave immediately. You can:
- Сonvince them that you are on their side because you were sent to assess the situation Streetwise: and then Streetwise + Impersonate = 9];
- Сonvince them that you are on their side because you are an Aurelian Praetor [Aurelian Praetor background];
- Сonvince them that Maadoran is destroyed and House Aurelian doesn't exist anymore;
- Kill them all.
Now climb down into the hole.
The locked door[edit | edit source]
- Craft a key for this lock Crafting: if you passed on the lore check
- Unlock it with your skills Lockpick: and Traps: to survive the trap;
- Blow the door open Alchemy: + Crafting:. If you failed in your attempt to breach the door, the passage collapses and you can’t go in anymore;
- Go back to the entrance and meet the Aurelian engineers that just arrived.
- You can tell them that there is nothing down there, but he will insist in have a look. You need to dissuade them by intimidation Streetwise:, extortion Streetwise + Trading = 10], reputation House Aurelian reputation , bribery Trading: and you pay him 500 imperials, or force, killing them*;
- You can also convince them to open the doors for you with Streetwise:, or reputation House Aurelian reputation .
- If you didn't take off and killed the engineers, when you crawl back to the surface, the guards will ask about them. You can:
- Also, if you didn't take off and didn’t kill the engineers, you can convince the engineers not to seal the place, in case you want to come back Streetwise .
Inside the hangar[edit | edit source]
You will find a console on the ground floor, near the door that was just opened. You need to replace one of the Power Module to open the hatch door. Between the ground floor and the upper floor, you will find some ship logs detailing the battles of the air ship. On the last floor, you will find the ship's control system. To take off the airship and direct it to Ganezzar you need either:
- Use the Jellyfish Artefact and pass a skill test Lore:
- Use the mantra you learned from Teron Palace and pass a skill test Lore:. You can take it off too with the Jellyfish Artefact or the mantra, plus a smaller number Lore:[7?], but the ship will crash before arriving at its destination.
You can fly the airship to either Ganezzar or Maadoran. If the ship makes it, your reputation with the house controlling that city will increase.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- +3 civil skill point for convincing the engineers there's nothing down there
- +1 civil skill point for getting the doors open
- +3 civil skill point for convincing the engineers to leave the place alone
- +12 skill points
- +7 House Crassus/Aurelian reputation