From The Age of Decadence Wiki
Hellgate is one of the locations in the game The Age of Decadence.
Hellgate Underground[edit | edit source]
- The first obstacle is a Construct. If you have the Nullifier (a.k.a. Mysterious artefact), you can use it to kill the Construct without a battle - requires [Lore]. Bentanagbal will reveal himself afterwards.
- He will offer to help you, if you help him to find the The Divine Spear (word of honor). If you agree, he will ask how can he trust you. So, you will have to pass a [Persuasion] or a [Streetwise] check. If you convince him to help you, he will give you a Protection Amulet that will make the Constructs ignore you. Otherwise, you will have to fight them on the way.
- Next, you will face three doors. The ones on the side have a corridor with two barriers of magic rays that lower your Constitution by 1 when you pass. The one in the middle has two Constructs and the generators of the magic rays. To access the generators, you will have to unlock the doors [Lockpick 6] and disable the generators [Lore + Crafting = 15].
- After this section, the door on the right leads to The Temple. You have to open it by yourself [Lockpick] or get the Hellgate Key on the small chest in the next room. After that, there will be an elevator after the Construct that will take you there. Remeber that you cannot leave that area once you get in!
- In the console room you will find a small chest with the Hellgate Key, which opens the door to The Temple. To activate the console, you need [Intelligence + Lore = 18]. The console provide you information about the portal network and the last records about this facility.
- The last room on the left has a Construct guarding the door and 3 more in the inside. The next room has 7 chests and the The Divine Spear is in the bigger one on the front. The chests on the borders have 2 lb sky metal, 2.5 bluesteel, 1 whetstone, 1 Power Module. The ones in the middle have traps that will kill you if you fail a [Traps 7] check. There is an extra Power Module in one of the chests.
- When you return the spear to Bentanagbal, you will gain +6 skill points. You can also ask him about the Surgical Kit and he will inquire you if you have found the room in which they used to perform the ritual. This is one of the requisites for the God Ending (see list at Ending).
NPC[edit | edit source]
The man smiles like a child who was promised a toy, then looks at you with suspicion. “How do I know I can trust you?” [Persuasion]: [Streetwise]:
Items[edit | edit source]
- Power tube x2
- The Divine Spear
- Hellgate Key
- Mysterious Contraption
- Blue Steel 4.5 lbs
- Meteor Metal 2 lbs
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]