Like the bow, the crossbow is a deadly ranged weapon. And, while it lacks the speed, accuracy and range of the bow, the crossbow makes up for that in pure striking power. At close range, a crossbow bolt can hit hard enough to knock an opponent off his feet.
Skill Level[edit | edit source]
- Aim in the general direction and pull the trigger? Got it!
- You've learned to look menacing while holding a crossbow. All you need is a good scowl.
- You can hit a stationary target. At close range. If there is no wind.
- You're getting better. With a bit of luck, you can even hit moving targets.
- You're getting the hang of it. Keep it up and you might become a good crossbowman one day.
- Better than average. And still alive. Better drink to that because the ‘still alive’ part might change without notice.
- Finally, your bolts are beginning to strike true. Better late than never.
- Few crossbowmens can match your skill.
- You can hit a sparrow in the eye from two hundred yards. Blindfolded.
- They call you The Eagle Eye.