The mystical art of transforming mundane organic and non-organic elements into magical items, like healing salves, potions that destroy metal, liquids that burn, and black powder fireballs. A must-have skill for mad scientists!
Introduction to Alchemy[edit | edit source]
You can use the Alchemy system to create various potions that can temporarily improve or modify you character's abilities, poison to coat your weapons, and flask/bombs that can be thrown at your enemies.
While in the full game you will acquire techniques and reagents from NPCs or through exploration, in the beta you'll receive all techniques and reagents without restrictions for testing purposes. Talk to the alchemist at the inn when you start the game. You can't fail in making the item and lose your ingredients.
There are seven different techniques, plus two modifiers for each technique. You can create (level required):
Self-Use[edit | edit source]
- Healing salve (2) - Cassava root
- Regeneration potion - Cassava root + Amaranthus Extract
- Berserk potion (2) - Blood mushroom
- Antidote (3) - Kadura leaves + Avatera sprouts
- Neurostimulant (3) - Quicksilver roots
- Restorative Liniment (4) - Cassava root + Goldenberry
Offensive-Use[edit | edit source]
- Poison (2) - Kadura leaves
- Liquid fire (3) - Rock oil
- Black powder bomb (4) - Black powder
- Acid (5) - Sulfur
To create an alchemical item you need a base reagent. For example, to create a basic bomb, you need the black powder (drag it to the first slot on the alchemy screen). To create a fragmentation bomb that works better against armored opponents, you need to add iron balls (drag them to the second slot).
Keep in mind that it's not just the raw damage that matters. The bomb, for example, can knock down your enemies, while the liquid fire can separate them, which is an invaluable ability.
Alchemy reagents[edit | edit source]
- Avatera Sprouts - beneficial herb
- Amaranthus Extract - beneficial herb
- Black powder - can be weaponised
- Blood Mushroom
- Cassava Root - beneficial herb
- Dragon's Blood Extract
- Emoryl Root
- Fennah Berries - beneficial herb
- Fool's gold - can be weaponised
- Goldenberry - beneficial herb
- Iron balls - can be weaponised
- Kadura Leaves - beneficial herb
- Quicklime - beneficial herb
- Quicksilver Roots - a stimulant
- Rock oil - can be weaponised
- Salt petrae - can be weaponised
- Sulfur - can be weaponised
Learning alchemy techniques[edit | edit source]
You can learn alchemy techniques from:
- Coltan - poison