While warriors wear various types of armor to absorb their opponent's strikes, most agree that it is better not to be hit in the first place. Unfortunately, this can be a bit of a trade-off, as the heavier the armor, the harder it is to dodge blows while wearing it. It's also worth noting that successfully dodging an attack can leave an opponent off-balance and vulnerable to a counter attack. Each attack can be countered either by block or by dodge, never both at the same time. Therefore, most warriors choose to concentrate on one of these defensive skills.
Skill Level[edit | edit source]
- A quick prayer is the best way to avoid being hit.
- A prayer helps, but moving out of the harm's way tends to help a bit more.
- It's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right.
- Practice - if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a bolt!
- You're getting the hang of it. Keep it up and you might live a bit longer than you thought.
- Better than average. And still alive. Better drink to that because the ‘still alive’ part might change without notice.
- You've finally learned to read the telltale signs of an incoming attack.
- You flow like water and bend like a reed.
- You've become almost impossible to hit.
- They call you The Artful Dodger.