While warriors wear various types of armor to absorb their opponent's strikes, most agree that it is better not to be hit in the first place. Unfortunately, this can be a bit of a trade-off, as the heavier the armor, the harder it is to dodge blows while wearing it. It's also worth noting that successfully dodging an attack can leave an opponent off-balance and vulnerable to a counter attack. Each attack can be countered either by block or by dodge, never both at the same time. Therefore, most warriors choose to concentrate on one of these defensive skills.
- Being hit sucks. You’re positive about that.
- If only there was a way to avoid being hit…
- You’ve made an important discovery – moving out of harm’s way in a timely manner does wonders for one’ life expectancy.
- Practice - if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a bolt!
- Half-way there.
- Your dedication to the art of dodging is paying off – you’re still alive.
- You’ve gained the much covered ‘hard to hit’ status.
- You flow like water and bend like a reed.
- You should open your own kung-fu school when you retire from adventuring.
- Untouchable (fine print: some exceptions apply)